POODLES MAKE WONDERFUL PETS
Some Healthy Hints
1. Natural foods: Fresh meat (Low in fat) Vegetables and white rice.
2. Chicken necks and/or wings only: ALWAYS RAW. Helps prevent plaque and easy to digest
3. Dental hygiene has been proven to be significant in overall health therefore, Keep teeth free from plaque by either chewing raw bones or brushing the teeth.
4. Vaccinate - for puppies Ė Vaccinations should be at 8, 12 and 16 weeks of age. Then yearly, this helps in the protection against any infectious diseases that can be contracted.
5. Regular heartworm / Intestinal worming: Heartworm is available in daily monthly or yearly applications. Intestinal worms are given every 2 weeks until 3 months of age, once a month until 6 months of age, then every 3 months after 6 months of age for the rest of their lives.
6. External parasite control: E.g. fleas and ticks.
7. Regular grooming: Releases dead hair and knots from the coat. Also enhances the natural oils to achieve a shinier, healthier looking coat.
8. Regular exercise is essential at any age; obese animals become lethargic and unhealthy. A controlled diet and exercise soon puts the vitality back into your petís life.
9. Desexing eliminates unwanted pregnancies, Reduces the risk of cancer and there is less chance of disruptive behavior developing.
10. Enjoy your pet, the more love you give, the healthier and happier you both will be.
Last modified: 03-Jul-2020
Copyright 2003 - 2020 Lefay Toy Poodles